Immerse yourself in early American agriculture history and participate in this truly unique and memorable experience. Smithfield Station has partnered with Mill Swamp Indian Horses to create an opportunity unlike any other. This package is for one rider and is as hands-on as it gets! During the weekend, you’ll be able to build trust with your animal and fully engage in what life is like on a farm, but with all the comforts of coming back to a warm shower, delicious food, and Smithfield Station views.
Mill Swamp Indian Horses (MSIH) is a non-profit organization who works to prevent the extinction of Spanish Mustangs, with beautiful breeds such as the Corolla, Banker, and Marsh Tacky. These horses are perhaps the oldest and rarest distinct genetic group of American horses. MSIH is made up of a dedicated group of volunteers and your participation in the program helps to raise funds that will support the animals and MSIH educational programs. Your classroom will be the fields and open sky, and not only will you come away with an education, you’ll get to enjoy:
- Three separate learning and safety sessions, each with an accompanying trail ride – that’s three rides over the two days!
- Overnight accommodations for two nights in a Deluxe Lodge Room with king size bed and private balcony
- Breakfast Saturday morning (continental) and Sunday morning’s award-winning breakfast buffet
- A box lunch for Saturday, catered by The Restaurant at Smithfield Station
- A signed copy of Corolla’s Sand Horse Beach: Croatoan’s Memoirs Book
- Dinner on your own at The Restaurant at Smithfield Station (includes soup, salad, entree and dessert)