Smithfield Station Marina
Tucked away and secluded on the Pagan River in Smithfield, Virginia, the Smithfield Station Marina is a serene refuge from the Chesapeake Bay and was recently recognized as the 2012 Best Resort Marina by Chesapeake Bay Magazine, for the fourth consecutive year.
Historic Smithfield is a charming diversion for cruisers who want to enjoy a colonial-era town and beautiful natural surroundings just off the James River. For those who crave a hardy and delicious meal after a day at sea, the marina’s restaurant features creative dishes featuring world-famous Smithfield ham as well as the bounty of the Chesapeake Bay’s estuaries.
The Pagan River was recently dredged and as of 2010, has minimum depth of eight feet. Vessels arriving at Smithfield Station Marina will find a minimum low tide water depth of 6 feet with deep water slips available. The floating dock marina can accommodate vessels up to 130 feet in length. The transient rate is $2 per foot; long term rates are also available.
The following Dock Amenities are available to all boaters during their stay with us:
- Outdoor Seasonal Pool and Air Conditioned Shower Access
- 44 Lavishly Appointed Hotel Rooms
- Fully Functional Chesapeake Bay Style Lighthouse Suite
- Award-Winning On-Location Restaurant and Separate IBX Bar
- Wireless Internet and Cable TV Connection
- Water and Electricity Hookup: Shore-Power Connections of 120/240 Volts and 30 & 50 Amp Service
- Video Taped 24 Hour Security
- 10-20% Discount at Boardwalk Station Shops
- Divers On-Call
- Sewer Pump-Out Facility
- Ample Slip-Holder Parking
- Courtesy Transportation (please request 24 hours in advance)
- Rentals: Golf Carts (coming soon!), Kayaks, and Canoes
- Fuel (close by)
Vessels can conveniently refuel on either the way in or the way out at a fuel dock located at the entrance of the Pagan River. Basic maintenance and divers can be arranged by the dockmaster.
Advance Reservations are recommended beginning in May and through September. Call (877) 703-7701 or hail the dockmaster on VHF Radio Channel 16.
To reserve a slip online, please use the booking engine below:
Year round in water slips are also available beginning at $125 per month. Please call Randy or Brian for more details at (757) 357-7700.
Pagan River Raft Race!
Join the fun for… The SEVENTH Ever, Re-Inaugural, Pagan River Raft Race!! Saturday, June 29th, 2013 Smithfield Station, Smithfield, VA
Come one come all for the Triple Crown of Raft Racing at the 2013 Pagan River Raft Race. On Saturday, June 29 join one of two categories of raft racers as they battle for the title of King or Queen of the Creek! There are no rules other than your raft must be manually powered. The more outrageous, the better. Don’t worry; the Coast Guard will be standing by to assist all those that sink! This is truly one of the most entertaining events in Smithfield.
Smithfield Station Restaurant
Indulge yourselves at our award-winning restaurant! We are renowned for an extensive menu of fresh seafood, Smithfield ham, and ever popular Sunday Breakfast Buffet. Call (757) 357-7976 for reservations.
Cypress Creek Golf Club
The Cypress Creek Golf Club is located just five minutes by car from Smithfield Station, and the marina can assist with getting you there and back! For tee times on our Curtis Strange Signature Golf Course call (757) 365-4774.
For those looking for overnight accommodations on land for yourself or others traveling with you, try our boutique style hotel and enjoy a comfortable bed and real shower. Call (757) 357-7700
Kayak, Canoe and Tours – enjoy a fun outdoor activity while relaxing in the serenity and beauty of nature.
Docking Here Is Just The Beginning
Smithfield Station Marina is designed for both recreational boaters and serious sailors and is complemented by a full-service inn, retail shops, and more. It’s location on the Pagan River (a tributary of the James River) is 76° 37 minutes, 338 seconds, West Longitude & 36° 58 minutes, 945 seconds, North Latitude (http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/12248.shtml).
In planning your boating trip to nearby locations and marinas, please reference the following to know the distance to these surrounding areas:
- Cape Charles 40 mi
- Delta Ville 65 mi
- Downtown Northfolk 17mi
- Downtown Portsmouth 17mi
- Hampton 17mi
- Irvanton 68 mi
- Little Creek 22 mi
- Lynnhaven Inlet 26 mi
- Onahannock 69 mi
- Rudee Inlet 38 mi
- Salt Ponds 20 mi
- Tangier Island 71 mi
- Urbano 71 mi
- Yorktown 40 mi
- If foul weather* prohibits passage, Smithfield Station will apply 100% of the reservation amount as a rain check credit to be used within twelve months- subject to availability, no extensions.
- * Foul weather is defined as a small craft advisory on the lower Chesapeake Bay, generally from New Point Comfort to Little Creek, VA
Non-Holiday, Weekend, and Weekday Cancellation Policy
- Reservations may be cancelled with at least seven (7) days notice and 100% of the slip fees will be refunded.
- Cancellation within seven (7) days of the scheduled arrival date cannot be refunded but will be offered as a rain check credit for use within twelve months- subject to availability.
Holiday Weekends Cancellation Policy
- Smithfield Station cannot provide refunds for unused reservations for any holiday weekends (Memorial Day, Smithfield’s Olden Days, July 3rd through 5th, and Labor Day). However, Smithfield Station will provide a rain check credit equal to the amount of the reservation valid for use within twelve months as long as Smithfield Station is notified of the cancellation at least 14 days prior to the scheduled arrival.
Smithfield Marina Video
Watch video of the Richmond Power Boat Association Poker Run in 2008 >> RPBA Poker Run 2008